Sunday, October 21, 2012

World of Runners

Great, great, great weekend at the Runner's World Half and Festival!!  Beautiful and challenging course through an area rich with history. Got to run some of the routes that I ran back in college. And best of all, enjoyed the weekend with my family away from home, the Millers. :)  A big congrats to everyone who ran!


Cait & I cruising to her 1st finish with the Steel Stacks in the background!
Cait finished her 1st ever race, the 10K, on her 3rd time torn ACL - she's already pumped to sign up for next year's Runner's World Half!!  Kelsey rocked out a half marathon PR at 1:42:10 (Oh, you know, just as a prep run for the Philly Marathon next month). And "Kishy," one of my training partners through college, killed it in the Hat Trick!  Some other notables from the race: there were at least 2 barefoot runners that passed us during the 10k - something to work up to in the future. It makes my barefoot laps on the turf look like child's play!  We had the opportunity to watch Olympian Shalane Flanagan show us just how easy and smooth she could make it look. And last but not least, two 80+ year old men finished the 5K. Absolutely amazing!


On the west coast, my past roommate and triathlon training partner tackled the Humboldt Redwoods Marathon - her first ever!  Congrats Terra on a big accomplishment!!

By the way, ladies, can I ask for a little advice?!! Since Chicago, I have developed a black and blue toe - sans toe nail. Do I let it just hang out or do I just apply my toe nail polish over the blackened skin? Let me know what you would do! Thanks!



                         


No comments:

Post a Comment